MCMS School Improvement Council
Angela Boyd Ana DiCorte Marie Weatherford
Welsh Conder Janna Livingston (Chair) Willie Mayes
Jennifer Moore Daniel Quattlebaum Jill Longshore
McKeva Shelton Christine Milling (Secretary) Kristin Ruff (Vice- Chair)
Administration: Deedee Westwood Eric Thompson Beverly Wood
Teachers/Staff: Candice Dixon Cecilia Kelly
SIC Member Email Addresses- https://5il.co/oxtq
For SIC Agendas and Meeting Minutes, please visit the home page Documents tab at the top of the screen.
What is a School Improvement Council (SIC)?
- The School Improvement Council (SIC) serves as an advisory committee to a school's principal and faculty.
- Unlike PTAs and other voluntary school organizations, councils are mandated by law to exist in every public school in South Carolina.
- SICs play a key role in the education of our state's children, bringing together parents, educators and community stakeholders to work collectively to improve their local schools.
- More than 16,000 people serve on SICs in South Carolina.
- SICs work with the school to develop and implement a five-year school improvement plan (school renewal plan).
- SICs monitor and evaluate success in reaching the plan's goals and objectives.
- SICs write an annual report to parents about the progress of the plan.
- SICs assist the principal in writing the narrative for the School Report Card.
- SICs advise on the use of school incentive awards and provide assistance as requested by the principal.
2020-2021 MCMS SIC Goals:
1. Enhancing parent involvement
2. Reaching out to the community