Family Literacy Program-Mrs. Emily Saddler, Coordinator
- The Family Literacy Program is open to anyone aged 17 and older who wishes to attend Newberry Adult Education classes and who has a child (ages birth-8 years old). Onsite child care and early education is available for children ages 3 and 4. Childcare is available for other ages for eligible students.
- The Family Literacy Program is comprised of four components: Adult Education, Early Childhood Education, Parenting, and Parent & Child Together Time.
- Educational childcare is available for parents who are participating in Newberry Adult Education.
- The educational child care is free; however, parents must participate in Parenting classes, Parent & Child Together Time and Home Visits.
- Parenting classes are available to help educate and support mothers and fathers in their parenting roles.
- Parent & Child Together Time is offered weekly with instructional activities encouraging the parent to become the child’s first teacher.
For more information, contact Mrs. Emily Saddler, Family Literacy Coordinator, at 803-321-2674.